Other than for reasons beyond the Member’s reasonable control, if a Member does cancel services previously confirmed in writing, and for which a formal contract exists, the Customer shall be informed without delay and paid within 5 working days of the date of notification EITHER:
- If the cancellation occurs more than 10 working days before the agreed date for the work, a refund of 100% of all monies paid
- If the cancellation occurs within 10 working days or less before the agreed date for the work, a refund of 150% of all monies paid with the exception of any VAT or insurance charge that exceeds that shown on the original removal quotation OR
- If monies have not been paid, the Member shall pay all reasonable costs incurred by the Customer as a direct result of the cancellation
If a Member does make a significant alteration to the agreed timetable or services within 10 working days of the agreed date for the work, the Customer shall be informed without delay and given the choice of one of the following:
- Accepting the alteration.
- Cancelling the agreed services and receiving within 5 days a full refund of all monies paid.
- In the event that the work has already commenced, payment of all reasonable costs incurred by the Customer as a direct result of the alteration. The British Association of Removers CODE OF PRACTICE March 2015
Where agreed services cannot be delivered because of company failure (e.g. liquidation or bankruptcy) BAR will endeavour to obtain the services of another BAR Member to complete the contract.
In the event that arrangements in 6.4 above are not feasible and pre-payments have been made which cannot be refunded by the Member because of company failure, the Customer may apply for recompense from the BAR Pre-Payment Protection Scheme. The BAR PPP Scheme is subject to terms and conditions available upon request